Step by step recipe:
- 1 hour 9 min.Prepare 250 g cooked spinach, then chop coarsly with a knife.
- 7 min.Lightly fry 125 g small pieces of bacon in a frying pan without adding any extra fat.
When cooked to your taste, tip the bacon into a bowl, leaving the cooking fat in the pan.
- 8 min.
- 8 min.
- 20 min.Chop 2 hard-boiled eggs, then tip into the bowl with the bacon.
- 3 min.Add the chopped spinach and 50 ml cream to the bowl, salt, pepper and mix well.
- 2 min.Place a little of the mixture in a long sausage shape near one side of a sheet of brik.
- 2 min.Roll up the sheet of pastry to form a long roll.
- 25 min.Use up the rest of the filling like this.
- 15 min.Pour 100 ml oil into a large frying pan on medium heat. There should be a shallow depth of oil all over the pan to cook the rolls properly.
When the oil is hot, cook the rolls evenly all over, turning them with tongs if possible (the easiest way).
Do be careful not to let them brown too much. This can happen quickly, so you must keep an eye on the rolls from the time they go into the pan.
- 25 min.Prepare the rice with cashew nuts: cook the rice, and then add 100 g cashew nuts, coarsly chopped and dry-roasted in a pan for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Serve 2 rolls per person.
Remarks:The proportions for the filling can be varied according to your taste, so don't hesitate to add a little more or a little less of something.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked spinach: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and hard-boiled egg gratin, Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Spinach brik parcels, Spinach Croque-monsieur , ... [All]
- Rice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Sushi, Chicken with rice and leeks, Paella, How to cook rice in rice-cooker, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French-style peas, How to cook bacon and remove excess fat, Beef braised in reduced red wine, Artichoke hearts forestier , Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, ... [All]
- Oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to prevent butter burning during cooking, Tournedos Rossini, Hachis parmentier : meat with mashed potato and cheese, Fish in a seed crust, Sesame fried scampi, ... [All]