Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 20 min.
- 3 min.Remove crusts of 4 slices Sandwich bread.
- 5 min.Butter one side.
- 5 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham in 2, to get slices about the same size as the toast.
Heat the plates.
- 1 min.Put ham slices in a hot frying pan, 30 seconds on each side (if you use regular ham instead of smoked, leave until ham is lightly fried).
- 2 min.In the same pan, put the toast butter side down until well browned, then turn over and cook the other side for 1 minute.
If you are in a hurry, don't butter toast, just put in a toaster.
- 3 min.Put 1 slice of toast (or 2 if you are hungry) onto a hot plate, add a ham slice on top then a soft-boiled egg.
- 5 min.Cover with hollandaise sauce. If possible decorate with a parsley leaf, and serve immediately.
Remarks:Try to use not completely white bread, but whole-wheat instead, your toast and your eggs Benedict will be better. Even better is to make your own sandwich bread. Don't be afraid, it's quite easy.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Hollandaise sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine and leek tarts, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rum babas, How to prepare cockles, Sandwich bread, Nicholas's fish, Lille style chicken, ... [All]
- Poached eggs: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fried bread with leek and poached egg , Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, Eggs meurette, Tartine du pêcheur , ... [All]