Step by step recipe:
- 8 min.
- 5 min.Trim the crusts off 4 slices bread and cut into shapes, if you wish (I have chosen lozenges here).
- 3 min.Butter the bread on both sides.
- 2 min.Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat.
When hot, add the sliced leek...
- 5 min....and fry until just lightly browned (not too much).
Salt and pepper after cooking.
Set aside to keep hot.
- 4 min.Using the same pan, fry the buttered bread on both sides.
Prepare 4 Poached eggs.
- 2 min.Heat the plates, then put a slice of fried bread on each one.
Add a layer of sliced leek.
- 2 min.Lay a poached egg on top and serve immediately.
- For the best effect, split the egg open just before serving, so that some of the yolk runs down over the leek.
Serve with the split in the egg facing the diner.
Remarks:In this recipe, everything can be prepared in advanced , then reheated and assembled at the last minute. But the bread is best fried just beforehand.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hollandaise sauce, Apple and almond gratin, Provençal colombier for Pentecost, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Galette Charentaise, ... [All]
- Poached eggs: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tartine du pêcheur , Eggs meurette, Eggs Benedict , Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, ... [All]
- Bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Eggs meurette, Gratin slices with spinach, Quail egg canapés, Kérinou slices, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Green avocado salad, Beef braised in reduced red wine, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Baked leek and Camembert slices, ... [All]