Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Rinse 80 g bulgur wheat, put in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soften for about 20 minutes.
- 10 min.
- 10 min.Take the parsley leaves off their stalks (discard these) and chop.
- 5 min.Chop 1 spring onion (scallion) small and put into a salad bowl with the tomatoes and parsley.
- 3 min.Drain the bulgur wheat and add this to the bowl with 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
Salt lightly, pepper and mix well.
Your Lebanese tabbouleh is ready.
Remarks:If you don't have spring onions, just use a small normal onion, red if possible.
Whether Lebanese tabbouleh should include mint or not is a good question: I don't think so, but you should go along with your own taste, of course.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Tzatziki, Tender tuna, Gravlax, Chocolate mousse, Avocado with gravlax, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Beans with tomatoes, Lumberjack turnovers, Preserved lemons, Thaï rice with small vegetables, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fried eggs with tomatoes, Tomatoes Macédoine , Multicoloured cucumber-tomato salad, Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Chicken and Avocado Salad, ... [All]