Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Rinse 80 g bulgur wheat, put in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soften for about 20 minutes.
- 10 min.
- 10 min.Take the parsley leaves off their stalks (discard these) and chop.
- 5 min.Chop 1 spring onion (scallion) small and put into a salad bowl with the tomatoes and parsley.
- 3 min.Drain the bulgur wheat and add this to the bowl with 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
Salt lightly, pepper and mix well.
Your Lebanese tabbouleh is ready.
Remarks:If you don't have spring onions, just use a small normal onion, red if possible.
Whether Lebanese tabbouleh should include mint or not is a good question: I don't think so, but you should go along with your own taste, of course.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate mousse, Hollandaise sauce, Nanou's tuna tart, Penne with Mushrooms, Tomato pesto, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm lentil salad, Italian style gratin, Special Parmesan baguettes, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Savoury mini-madeleines with 2 cheeses, ... [All]