Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Peel and wash 500 g potatoes, then slice.
- 15 min.
- 3 min.
- 1 min.Melt 50 g butter in a large over a medium heat, then add shallot chopped small, cook one minute.
- 3 min.Add the sorrel leaves, and let them wilt while stirring gently.
- Wilting means that the beautiful green sorrel will become brown and mushy, but fortunately it keeps all its taste.
- 2 min.Add potatoes in the pan, salt and pepper, and cover.
- 25 min.
- 5 min.At the end of this time, remove from the heat, and blend the contents of the pan with a blender.
Remarks:The boys call this recipe "alien soup", obviously from the color. They came up with this version: put a small alien in a blender with 1 litre of acid, do not salt (the alien is naturally salty) and blend about thirty seconds, serve immediately.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Quince and apple compote, Tomato foccacia, Vegetable stock, Stewed plums, Praline, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushroom velouté, Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach, Alsatian-style salad, Fisherman's Ragout, Winegrowers' sausage casserole, ... [All]
- Sorrel: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Herb salad, Salmon with sorrel, How to prepare sorrel, ... [All]