Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Make the Parmesan pastry:
Put in the food processor bowl: 100 g flour, 100 g butter, 1 egg, and 100 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) grated.
Knead on low speed until the dough is evenly mixed. If you don't have a food processor, this can be done by hand.
- 1 hourShape the pastry into a flat cake, wrap in plastic film, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
The pastry can be made the day before.
- 25 min.Peel 6 tomatoes, slice and salt on both sides.
- 2 min.Use a non-stick pan that can go both on the hob and in the oven. Pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil and spread over the pan with a brush or if necessary a small piece ofabsorbant paper.
Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
- 5 min.Arrange the tomato slices in the pan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7 min.Meanwhile, roll out the pastry fairly thinly, prick all over and cut out a circle a little larger in diameter than the pan.
- 1 min.Pepper the tomatoes, place the pastry lid on top and put in the oven.
- 40 min.Leave to cook until the top of the pastry is golden brown.
- 5 min.Take out of the oven, leave to cool for 2 or 3 minutes, then turn the tart over onto the serving plate.
The basic pastry recipe will make enough for two tarts. Form any pastry that you are not going to use immediately into a flat cake, wrap (as always) in plastic film and keep in the fridge.
And to drink?A light Italian red wine from the Frioul region, such as Refosco.