Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 1 hourShape the pastry into a flat cake, wrap in plastic film, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
The pastry can be made the day before.
- 25 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Arrange the tomato slices in the pan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7 min.Meanwhile, roll out the pastry fairly thinly, prick all over and cut out a circle a little larger in diameter than the pan.
- 1 min.Pepper the tomatoes, place the pastry lid on top and put in the oven.
- 40 min.Leave to cook until the top of the pastry is golden brown.
- 5 min.Take out of the oven, leave to cool for 2 or 3 minutes, then turn the tart over onto the serving plate.
Remarks:The basic pastry recipe will make enough for two tarts. Form any pastry that you are not going to use immediately into a flat cake, wrap (as always) in plastic film and keep in the fridge.
And to drink?A light Italian red wine from the Frioul region, such as Refosco.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Chocolate and matcha tea biscuits, Scallop and leek pancakes, Quick Strawberry Millefeuille, Rum babas, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pesto, Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Curried prawn risotto, Pesto crackers, Raw beetroot salad, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, Cod loin with saffron, Rabbit civet "à la normande", Chocolate rolls (petits pains), Vegetable clafoutis, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Piedmont salad, Italian toast, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Lebanese Tabbouleh, Hot tomato sauce, ... [All]