Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 1 hourShape the pastry into a flat cake, wrap in plastic film, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
The pastry can be made the day before.
- 25 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Arrange the tomato slices in the pan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7 min.Meanwhile, roll out the pastry fairly thinly, prick all over and cut out a circle a little larger in diameter than the pan.
- 1 min.Pepper the tomatoes, place the pastry lid on top and put in the oven.
- 40 min.Leave to cook until the top of the pastry is golden brown.
- 5 min.Take out of the oven, leave to cool for 2 or 3 minutes, then turn the tart over onto the serving plate.
Remarks:The basic pastry recipe will make enough for two tarts. Form any pastry that you are not going to use immediately into a flat cake, wrap (as always) in plastic film and keep in the fridge.
And to drink?A light Italian red wine from the Frioul region, such as Refosco.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coq au vin, Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), Fish in a sesame crust, Rum babas, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio "Financiers", Rillettes stuffed mushrooms, Scrambled eggs (Oeufs brouillés), Fish in white wine, Aperitif rolls, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Green asparagus omelette, Leek and artichoke tart à la piémontaise, Creamy risotto with vegetables , Spaghetti with smoked salmon, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Guacamole, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., Four-tier glasses, Tomato tart, How to prepare tomatoes, ... [All]