Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.In a cup mix 20 g yeast with 4 tablespoonsful of warm milk. Leave to ferment for 30 minutes at room temperature.
This makes a yeast-based "leaven" which improves the flavour of the doughnuts.
- 30 min.
- 10 min.Pour in the yeast leaven liquid and knead on slow speed until the dough is evenly mixed.
- 2 hoursGather the dough into a ball and put this into a clean bowl. Cover with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
- 20 min.After this time, roll out the dough and shape the doughnuts as shown in this video. Once they are all on the baking sheet, cover with a plastic sheet again and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- 10 min.Heat the oil to 180°C (360°F) and lower in the doughnuts. Fry until golden brown...
- ...on both sides.
- Sprinkle the cooked doughnuts with caster sugar.
And to drink?A cup of good coffee.
Source:Based on Jamie Oliver's recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gingerbread, Toasted-flour biscuits, Peanut rolls, Cornmeal baps for Anne, French onion soup, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crème caramel, Polenta, Crème brulée, Toasted almond cake, Muffin dough, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sauce Normande (for fish), Steamed leeks with morel sabayon, Pesto crackers, Steak burger topped with egg, Chicken breasts in a potato crust, ... [All]