Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.In a cup mix 20 g yeast with 4 tablespoonsful of warm milk. Leave to ferment for 30 minutes at room temperature.
This makes a yeast-based "leaven" which improves the flavour of the doughnuts.
- 30 min.
- 10 min.Pour in the yeast leaven liquid and knead on slow speed until the dough is evenly mixed.
- 2 hoursGather the dough into a ball and put this into a clean bowl. Cover with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
- 20 min.After this time, roll out the dough and shape the doughnuts as shown in this video. Once they are all on the baking sheet, cover with a plastic sheet again and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- 10 min.Heat the oil to 180°C (360°F) and lower in the doughnuts. Fry until golden brown...
- ...on both sides.
- Sprinkle the cooked doughnuts with caster sugar.