Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
- 10 min.Start the food processor on slow speed and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is evenly mixed.
- 2 hoursTransfer the dough to a large bowl, cover with a sheet of plastic and leave to rise in a warm place for about 2 hours, until the dough has doubled in volume.
- 10 min.After this, divide the dough into pieces of about 100g and roll into balls (the dough will be rather sticky at this stage, so use plenty of flour).
Dust the tops of the balls with flour, cover with a sheet of plastic and leave to rest for one hour.
- 1 hourPreheat the oven to 240°C (460°F) and put a baking sheet in the bottom to heat up as well.
Roll out the balls of dough using your hands (still using plenty of flour) to produce fairly thin discs.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Prepare all the naans this way.
- 5 min.If you like, you can brush the top of the naans just after they come out of the oven with melted butter or, better still, with ghee, the Indian clarified butter with its distinctive taste.
- Possible variations: for naan with seeds, mix them into the dough at the end of kneading: a handful of sesame seeds, linseeds, poppy seeds, etc.
- Or you can even make cheese naans by folding the dough over onto a layer of soft cheese or cheese spread.
Remarks:Nothing beats freshly made naans, so make them at the last minute if you possibly can.
Source:Home made, based on internet.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Nonettes, Cheese Soufflé, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Leek and tuna loaf, French croissants, ... [All]
- Whole milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Milk rolls, Celeriac soup with mustard, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Pistachio ice cream, Elsa's Comtoise galette, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken pie, Pizza dough, Cornmeal baps for Anne, Rum babas, Tomato foccacia, ... [All]
- Yeast: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Franche-Comté sticks, Ocean bread, Burger buns, Cheese tart, Two-olive ciabatta, ... [All]