Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Prepare a good fillet of salmon by removing the skin, any fat (brownish) and bones. Rinse under cold water and dry with absorbant paper.
Note: Do choose the thickest fillet you can, as this is the best bit.
- 2 min.
- ...to which you can add other herbs and spices of your choice: pink berries, peppercorns, coriander seeds, etc.
- 2 min.Use a dish that just a little larger than the fish and spread a layer of the salt mixture in the bottom. Lay the fish fillet on top.
- 12 hoursCover the fish with the remaining salt, then cover with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
- 3 min.Next day, scrape the salt off the top...
- ...remove the fish, rinse well under cold running water, then dry.
Your gravlax is ready and will now keep for several days (in the fridge).
- 3 min.To make a light sauce, peel and finely chop 1 spring onion (scallion).
Chop a little fresh coriander.
- 2 min.Mix 200 g cream cheese with the chopped onion and coriander, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
Your sauce is ready.
- 4 min.Serve the salmon sliced thinly with a little lemon juice or the light herb sauce.
Remarks:Traditionally, sprigs of fresh dill are added to the salt, but this is not essential.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Salmon fillet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, Cretan-style salmon , Baked salmon fillet, ... [All]
- Cream cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Like a Boursin with garlic and herbs, Beetroot and cream cheese verrines, Avocado with gravlax, Crunchy verrines, Summery cheese on toast, ... [All]
- Salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potted meat (rillettes), Salmon marinated like herring, Fish in a salt crust, Burger buns, How to cook pasta properly, ... [All]