Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Trim, rinse and dry the tuna, then cut into thick portions.
Salt and pepper on both sides.
- 5 min.Prepare the marinade by mixing 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons herbs of your choice, salt and pepper.
- 30 min.Put the tuna to marinate and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- 2 min.Heat a frying pan on medium heat without adding any fat. When hot, add the tuna. Cook for 2 minutes on the first side, then turn.
- 7 min.For perfectly cooked fish, stick an electronic thermometer into the centre of the tuna and watch the temperature. The fish will be perfectly cooked when it reaches 158°F (70°C).
Turn off the heat immediately and leave the fish in the pan for a further 3 minutes to cook gently for a little longer.
- Serve immediately with whatever accompaniment you choose. Here it is served with a red cabbage and walnut salad.
Remarks:It is not easy (maybe impossible even?) to give a precise cooking time for tuna, as this will depend on your hob and the thickness of the fish. This is why a thermometer is particularly useful in this recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fresh tuna: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Seared tuna with lemon and lime, Marinated tuna with herbs, Leek and fresh tuna tart, Quiche Bretonne, Spicy seafood plancha, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Thaï rice with small vegetables, Cretan-style salmon , Scallop and leek pancakes, Chicken breasts with tarragon, Algerian brik rolls, ... [All]
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: How to beat egg whites, Gravlax, Cubed salad, Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, ... [All]
- Herbs of your choice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Surf and turf club sandwich, Cubed salad, Loin of pork with herbs and julienne vegetables , Avocado with gravlax, Avocado with Tuna, ... [All]