Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Trim, rinse and dry the tuna, then cut into thick portions.
Salt and pepper on both sides.
- 5 min.Prepare the marinade by mixing 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons herbs of your choice, salt and pepper.
- 30 min.Put the tuna to marinate and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- 2 min.Heat a frying pan on medium heat without adding any fat. When hot, add the tuna. Cook for 2 minutes on the first side, then turn.
- 7 min.For perfectly cooked fish, stick an electronic thermometer into the centre of the tuna and watch the temperature. The fish will be perfectly cooked when it reaches 158°F (70°C).
Turn off the heat immediately and leave the fish in the pan for a further 3 minutes to cook gently for a little longer.
- Serve immediately with whatever accompaniment you choose. Here it is served with a red cabbage and walnut salad.