Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Trim 600 g fresh tuna and cut into medallions, if not already prepared.
Rinse and dry the fish.
- 2 hoursPrepare the marinade by pouring 5 tablespoons olive oil into a dish with the juice of 1 lime and 1 lemon. Add the lemon and lime zest, then salt and pepper lightly.
Put the tuna medallions into the marinade and spoon some over them, then cover with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2 min.Put a large non-stick frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add the tuna medallions, then salt and pepper.
- 4 min.Sear on both sides just until nicely browned. Don't overdo it, ot the tuna will start to dry out. It is fine for the flesh to stay slightly pink.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Pour what is left of the marinade into the same pan, add 400 g cooked rice and reheat while stirring.
- Serve immediately on hot plates.
Remarks:You can use this recipe for other types of fish, particularly those that tend to dry out during cooking, such as swordfish.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fresh tuna: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leek and fresh tuna tart, Marinated tuna with herbs, Spicy seafood plancha, Tender tuna, ... [All]
- Cooked rice: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., Prawn salad with a crunch, Quick stuffed courgettes, Comtoise stuffed tomatoes, Tomatoes Provençal, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable clafoutis, Tomato tatin, Express chilli con carne, Lebanese Tabbouleh, Croque-monsieur gourmand, ... [All]