Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Take the 4 escalopes veal out of the fridge to allow them to come up to room temperature.
Peel 400 g mushrooms and slice.
- 10 min.
- 1 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a non-stick pan on medium heat.
When this is really hot, add the chopped shallot, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- 3 min.Add the mushrooms and the juice of ½ lemon, but no more salt.
Cook until the juice runs out of the mushrooms, then add the parsley, salt and pepper and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Dry the escalopes thoroughly then salt and pepper on each side.
- 1 min.Use the same pan. Put this back on medium heat and pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
When this is hot, lay the escalopes in the pan.
- 15 min.Cook the escalopes until they are browned by turning them every 15 seconds (approximately) with tongs.
This is a bit fussy, but this is the secret of browning escalopes without them drying out. Once they are cooked, transfer them to a hot plate and cover with a sheet of aluminium foil while they wait.
Heat the plates.
- 2 min.
- 10 min.Bring the sauce to the boil to thicken it slightly.
- 3 min.Add any juices that the escalopes have released while resting and mix one last time.
You can reheat the escalopes in the pan if they have been kept waiting too long.
- 3 min.Serve each escalope with a little rice, pasta or steamed vegetables and pour the mushroom sauce over.
Remarks:If you have a number of escalopes to cook, do this in batches, but be careful not to let the cooking juices from the first batch burn on the bottom of the pan while you are cooking the others.
If you have ever wondered why cream always makes such good sauces, you will find the answer on the blog.
And to drink?A lively red, such as a Saint-Nicolas-de-Bourgueil (Cabernet Franc).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, Stuffed Mushrooms, Mushroom buckwheat pancakes, Summer Salmon Blanquette, Sautéd mushrooms with spring onions and cured ham, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pan-fried salmon with white cabbage, Potatoes with prawns, Caesar salad, Croque-monsieur gourmand, Nanou's tuna tart, ... [All]
- Veal : You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Blanquette of veal, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Sausagemeat, Spring veal sauté , ... [All]