Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Remove pan from heat, and 70 g flour.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Put pan on low heat, and stir dough for one minute to dry it.
- 1 min.Add the first egg.
- 2 min.Beat well to incorporate it.
- 2 min.
- When dough is smooth, it's ready.
- 10 min.
- 20 min.Put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove choux from the oven as soon as they are browned.
Note: Don't open the oven door during cooking, because the drop in temperature will make your choux collapse.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:According to whether the choux pastry will be used for a sweet or savoury recipe, you can double the quantity of sugar or salt to accentuate the taste. For example: you want to make sweet cream puffs, make this recipe with 2 g salt and 5 g sugar, for salted cream puffs (with bechamel sauce for example) use no suger and 5 g salt.
Recipes which use it: 8Of which:
Source:Home made, but after Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Toasted almond cake, Bonnevaux apple tart, Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Jam doughnuts, Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mixed seed grissini, Praline, Sushi, Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, How to heat milk without it catching on the bottom of the pan, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Prune Far, Fillets of sole meunière, Dublin fruit scones, Two-olive ciabatta, Cookies, ... [All]