Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Wash 1 kg apricots.
- Cut each apricot in two by passing a knife all round the stone.
- Open apricot.
- 20 min.Remove stone and set aside.
Do this with all the apricots.
- With a knife, cut out the hard part where the stalk was, and discard.
- Then cut apricot into small pieces.
- 10 min.
- 30 min.Cover and put over medium heat, and leave to cook slowly, stiring from time to time.
- Stewed apricots are cooked when they reach the right consistency for your taste, which means with or without any bits of apricot still showing.
- Your stewed apricots are ready.
- 10 min.
- ...to remove all skins and small hard parts.
- You will then get very smooth stewed apricots, a purée, almost a coulis.
- 10 min.Another refinement: you can use the kernels inside the stones which are edible.
Remarks:Stewed apricots can be used like jam for breakfast - delicious on buttered toast.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apricots: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Apricot and almond cream tart, Dried apricots, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Buckwheat almond biscuits, Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , Milk rolls, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, ... [All]
- Vanilla sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hot chocolate, Santiago Cake, Caramelized brioche with pear and kiwi, Pain perdu, Kouign-amann brioche, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to prepare endives , Pizza dough, Natural leaven, French croissants, Aperitif rolls, ... [All]