Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Pour the sugar-egg mixture into the flour, add the melted butter, 50 g cream and mix thoroughly.
- 30 min.Pour the mixture into a mould or tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 40 min.
Remarks:If you are a real chocolate lover, you can add chocolate chips to the mixture.
[Translator's note: the French have adopted the English term "cake" specifically for long, loaf-shaped cakes, like the typical fruit cake. But French "cakes" come in savoury versions, too!].
Source:Based on recipe by Jean-Luc Poujauran.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Brown sugar: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Little lemon biscuits, Caribbean upside-down cake, Flaky brownie brioche, Chocolate cereal bars, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pink Reims biscuits, Peanut rolls, Doughnuts, Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Tea and white chocolate biscuits, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kouign-amann brioche, Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Beurre blanc sauce, Old style brioche, Fillet of pollack cooked in two stages, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lobster Thermidor, Breton Pie, Quiche Lorraine, Chocolate cream, Du Barry soup, ... [All]