Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.
- 5 min.Slice thinly.
- 2 min.Melt 50 g butter in a frying pan on medium heat, then add the sliced onions, salt and pepper.
- 7 min.Fry until just starting to brown.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.When the bacon is cooked, add the onions and mix well.
- 3 min.
- 1 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Use a round tin, preferably spring-form or loose bottomed. Scatter a little grated cheese in the bottom.
- 1 min.Lay a pancake in the tin, trimming the edges if it doesn't fit.
- 1 min.Spread a little of the onion-bacon-cream filling on top.
- 7 min.Add another pancake and repeat the operation until you have used up all the pancakes and filling.
- 1 min.Finish with a little grated cheese.
- 30 min.Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes...
- ...until the top pancake is nicely browned.
- 1 min.Turn out upside down and serve hot, cut into portions like a pie.
Remarks:You can make the pie deeper by using more than 6 pancakes. If you do this, remember to make more of the onion-bacon-cream filling.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cretan Bread, Curried prawn risotto, Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Endive and beer soup, Pâté de campagne, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vol-au-vent, Quiche Lorraine, Bacon rolls, Small cheese and bacon rolls , Rabbit with mustard, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Oat financiers for Louise, Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, Clarified butter, Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée), Spinach on toast with bechamel, ... [All]