Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.
- 5 min.Slice thinly.
- 2 min.Melt 50 g butter in a frying pan on medium heat, then add the sliced onions, salt and pepper.
- 7 min.Fry until just starting to brown.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.When the bacon is cooked, add the onions and mix well.
- 3 min.
- 1 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Use a round tin, preferably spring-form or loose bottomed. Scatter a little grated cheese in the bottom.
- 1 min.Lay a pancake in the tin, trimming the edges if it doesn't fit.
- 1 min.Spread a little of the onion-bacon-cream filling on top.
- 7 min.Add another pancake and repeat the operation until you have used up all the pancakes and filling.
- 1 min.Finish with a little grated cheese.
- 30 min.Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes...
- ...until the top pancake is nicely browned.
- 1 min.Turn out upside down and serve hot, cut into portions like a pie.
Remarks:You can make the pie deeper by using more than 6 pancakes. If you do this, remember to make more of the onion-bacon-cream filling.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Seafood sauerkraut, Cassoulet, Quick chicken curry, Spaghetti Bolognese, Eggs with tomatoes and courgettes, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tartiflette, Fougasse with bacon and Comté, Vol-au-vent, Oven omelette, Dipping bread with cheese, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Red rice pannequets, How to prevent butter burning during cooking, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Langoustine sabayon tart, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), ... [All]
- Grated cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Breton galettes (pancakes), Algerian brik rolls, Endive gratin with cancoillotte, Gratin slices with spinach, Quiche Lorraine, ... [All]