Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Blend 30 g dessicated coconut and ½ teaspoon flour to obtain a fine powder.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Add the powdered coconut and mix again.
- 2 min.Finish by adding 1 egg white and mix well.
The mixture is ready. Put in the refrigerator to wait.
Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- 5 min.Cut out a circle stencil of about 7 cm (3") diameter from a piece of card or plastic.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Spread the mixture out carefully over the circle with a palette knife, while holding the circle still with your other hand.
The thickness of the finished tuile depends on the amount of mixture: the more you use, the thicker your tuile will be.
- 1 min.Then lift off the circle and admire your lovely coconut tuile to be...
Place the circle on the sheet again, leaving a space between tuiles, and repeat the operation.
- For more explanation, see this small video.
- 30 min.Continue until all the mixture has been used, then put in the oven...
- 10 min....for about 10 minutes, or until the tuiles take on a lovely colour.
- 10 min.Unstick the tuiles from the sheet while still hot, and place to cool on a rack.
If you'd like to give them the true tuile shape, leave them to cool pressed over something cylindrical, like a glass or a bottle laid on its side.
Remarks:The tuiles must be kept in an airtight tin, otherwise they will go soft rapidly. Unfortunately they only keep well for a day or two.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Walnut short bread, Royal icing, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Sweet pastry, ... [All]
- Dessicated coconut: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Coconut rocks, Coconut paste, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Checkerboard biscuits, Cramique, Bonnevaux apple tart, Roscoff loaf, Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Calissons, Walnut paste, Chocolate mousse, Almond macaroon cake, Armagnac marzipan, ... [All]