Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Meanwhile, put 200 g Fruit coulis (fruit purée) (or strawberries, blackcurrants, etc.) in a pan on low heat. As soon as it's hot (do not let it boil), remove from heat.
Drain gelatin sheets by squeezing them, dry them in a cloth, and dissolve in the hot coulis, while stirring.
Leave to cool about 30 minutes.
- 30 min.Pour about 2 tablespoons of red fruit jelly into the bottom of a small glass, using a funnel if it helps.
Leave to cool to room temperature for about 2 hours.
- 5 min.Cover each glass with plastic film, then put in the fridge for at least 4 hours, overnight if possible.
- 15 min.Second layer:
Peel 1 Victoria pineapple, then cut into small dice (about 5 mm square).
If you don't have a Victoria Pineapple, use half a normal one.
- 2 min.Melt 2 tablespoons Clarified butter in a frying pan, add 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and cook until it start to caramelise.
- 7 min.Tip in diced pineapple and cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring, then add juice of ½ lime.
As soon as it's cooked, remove from heat, allow to cool, and keep in the fridge in a sealed container.
Also the day before, make the custard (creme anglaise), and when cooled, keep in the fridge in a sealed container.
- 20 min.On the day: Put 1 sheet gelatin in dish of cold water.
Meanwhile, heat the custard in a pan over low heat, and as soon as it is fairly hot (do not allow to boil), drain and dry the gelatin sheets and add to the pan while stirring. Leave to cool for 45 minutes.
- 20 min.15 minutes before the end of this time, prepare 200 g Chantilly cream.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.When thoroughly mixed, add diced pinapple and mix gently until well distributed through the cream. Pineapple charlotte is ready.
- 10 min.
- 20 min.
Remarks:As you will see, it's easy to eat on its own , or it makes an attractive finish to a festive meal.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Real custard sauce (crème anglaise): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Norman flambéed apples, Pistachio panna cotta with custard, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Warm apple feuillantines, ... [All]
- Chantilly cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rum babas, Individual charlottes with morello cherries, Pear charlotte, Cranachan, St Tropez tart, ... [All]
- Fruit coulis (fruit purée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coupe Augustin, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Warm apple feuillantines, Apricot fool, Peach Melba, ... [All]