Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.The choice of fruits is of course linked to the season, so don't hesitate to change any fruit for another. It's important to choose seasonal fruits, they are at their best and cheaper.
- 15 min.Peel oranges and grapefruits, cut each segment into two or three and put in the bowl.
- 2 min.Don't forget to squeeze all the fruit membranes with your hands over the bowl to keep the maximum juice possible.
- 10 min.Trim off top and bottom of kiwis, peel them and cut in four lengthways. Cut each quarter into small pieces and put in the bowl.
- 15 min.Peel pineapple, cut each quarter in small pieces and add to the bowl.
- 15 min.Peel pears, cut in four, sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning, remove the core, then cut each quarter in small pieces and add to the bowl.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Cover with plastic film, and keep in the fridge.
- 5 min.Shortly before serving, peel bananas and slice into the bowl, before mixing for the last time.
This is done because bananas quickly soften and turn brown after they are peeled.
Remarks:If you like the taste, you can add a little rum to the syrup .
Some are looking for the contrast that I was speaking about (soft with crunchy), personaly I don't like it, preferring harmony, but of course it's a matter of taste.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Kiwi: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Exotic fruit tart, European glass, Pavlova, Caramelized brioche with pear and kiwi, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, ... [All]
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pear charlotte, Belle-helene in a glass, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Yvetot Douillons, Apple and pear tart, ... [All]
- Grapefruit: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Mulled wine Belle-Plagne style, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Candied grapefruit peel, How to peel a fruit, Fresh fruit in sabayon, ... [All]
- Banana: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pavlova, Exotic fruit tart, Flambéd bananas , ... [All]