Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.The choice of fruits is of course linked to the season, so don't hesitate to change any fruit for another. It's important to choose seasonal fruits, they are at their best and cheaper.
- 15 min.Peel oranges and grapefruits, cut each segment into two or three and put in the bowl.
- 2 min.Don't forget to squeeze all the fruit membranes with your hands over the bowl to keep the maximum juice possible.
- 10 min.Trim off top and bottom of kiwis, peel them and cut in four lengthways. Cut each quarter into small pieces and put in the bowl.
- 15 min.Peel pineapple, cut each quarter in small pieces and add to the bowl.
- 15 min.Peel pears, cut in four, sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning, remove the core, then cut each quarter in small pieces and add to the bowl.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Cover with plastic film, and keep in the fridge.
- 5 min.Shortly before serving, peel bananas and slice into the bowl, before mixing for the last time.
This is done because bananas quickly soften and turn brown after they are peeled.
Remarks:If you like the taste, you can add a little rum to the syrup .
Some are looking for the contrast that I was speaking about (soft with crunchy), personaly I don't like it, preferring harmony, but of course it's a matter of taste.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Kiwi: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caramelized brioche with pear and kiwi, European glass, Pavlova, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Exotic fruit tart, ... [All]
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Poire Belle Hélène, Pear compote , French Family Cake, Belle-helene in a glass, Pear sorbet, ... [All]
- Grapefruit: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Candied grapefruit peel, Chaud-froid of grapefruit, pineapple and lime custard , How to peel a fruit, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Mulled wine Belle-Plagne style, ... [All]
- Banana: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Flambéd bananas , Pavlova, Exotic fruit tart, ... [All]