Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 15 min.Prepare 700 g purple artichoke and cut into 4 lengthways.
- 7 min.Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan on medium heat. When hot, add the artichokes, salt and pepper and mix well.
Turn down the heat, cover and leave to cook until the artichokes are lightly browned, stirring from time to time.
- 2 min.When the artichokes are cooked (tender), leave off the lid and add the shallots (add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil if necessary).
Salt lightly and cook for 1 minute without colouring, while stirring.
- 1 min.Then add the meat...
- 5 min....and potatoes. Cook for a few minutes longer, just enough to reheat the meat and potatoes. Check the seasoning and scatter some chopped parsley over the top.
- 1 min.Serve on hot plates, with a trickle of olive oil poured over, if you wish.
Remarks:If you don't have purple artichokes, you can use chunks of normal artichoke hearts.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Purple artichoke: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to prepare purple artichokes, Roast pork with sage, cooked in a bag., Harvest Gratin, Mushroom and artichoke omelette, Gratin of purple artichokes, ... [All]
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin du Nord, Green Piedmont Salad, Röstis, Oven omelette, Eggs Comtoise, ... [All]
- Cooked meat: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lentil and cold-meat salad, Hachis parmentier : meat with mashed potato and cheese, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Red mullet fillets in a quick marinade, Tomato tart, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Penne with Mushrooms, Stuffed artichokes au gratin, ... [All]