Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Prepare 1 spring onion (scallion) and chop finely.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Shell 800 g peas and boil for 2 or 3 minutes just until nicely tender.
(The French call this "English cooking" - ironic in this recipe!).
- 2 min.Drain the peas and cool them rapidly under cold running water.
- 5 min.Melt 40 g butter in a saucepan on medium heat, then add the peas.
- 5 min.Add the bacon and onion, mix well and just heat through. Check the seasoning and it's ready.
Remarks:If you are using frozen peas, only use half the weight and cook for a little longer. Taste to check when they are done.
And to drink?This will depend on what you are eating with the peas. If they are the main dish, you might like to try a Menetou-Salon red.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Peas: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Salmon "en papillote" with small vegetables, Chinese style chicken, Tomato ladybirds, Fillet of pollack cooked in two stages, Chinese Soup, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lumberjack turnovers, Gratin du Nord, Special Cheese and Walnut Sticks, Maroilles cheese quiche, Aperitif rolls, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potato gratin, Flaky brownie brioche, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), French croissants, Aperitif rolls, ... [All]