Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Prepare 1 spring onion (scallion) and chop finely.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Shell 800 g peas and boil for 2 or 3 minutes just until nicely tender.
(The French call this "English cooking" - ironic in this recipe!).
- 2 min.Drain the peas and cool them rapidly under cold running water.
- 5 min.Melt 40 g butter in a saucepan on medium heat, then add the peas.
- 5 min.Add the bacon and onion, mix well and just heat through. Check the seasoning and it's ready.
Remarks:If you are using frozen peas, only use half the weight and cook for a little longer. Taste to check when they are done.
And to drink?This will depend on what you are eating with the peas. If they are the main dish, you might like to try a Menetou-Salon red.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Peas: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato ladybirds, Rice and peas, Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Pea risotto "mantecare", Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Maroilles cheese quiche, How to cook bacon and remove excess fat, Small cheese and bacon rolls , Breton Pie, Gratin du Nord, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), Langoustine gratin, Flaky brownie brioche, Oat financiers for Louise, Passion fruit jellies, ... [All]
- Spring onion (scallion): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mixed salad, Spring veal sauté , Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Crispy prawn rolls, Summery cheese on toast, ... [All]