Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Take the fish out of the cooking liquid, remove the skin and any bones, then flake (break up) the flesh.
- 4 min.
- 7 min.Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a saucepan on medium heat. When hot, add the sliced onions.
- Salt and pepper, then cook for about 5 minutes - the onions don't need to brown.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 5 min.Peel 800 g cooked potatoes (I'm using rattes here).
- 5 min.Cut the potatoes into small pieces, then mash coarsly with a fork.
- 2 min.Add the fish, onions, thyme, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- 3 min.Fill individual ramekins or a large gratin dish.
Top with grated cheese.
- 20 min.Bake for 20 minutes, just until the cheese on the top has melted and is nicely browned. Finish browning under the grill if necessary.
Remarks:As mentioned above, you can use other kinds of fish, so this is a chance to choose something cheap and, above all, in season.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fish fumet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Salmon rillettes, Salmon with sorrel, Fish Mousselines, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Salmon "en papillote" with small vegetables, ... [All]
- Fish: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish in a sesame crust, Stock-pot fish , Warm autumn salad, Fish in a salt crust, Sushi, ... [All]
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Warm salad of potatoes and purple artichokes, Artichokes with beef, Winemaker's toast, Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, ... [All]