Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Cut the tomato in half. I am using cherry tomatoes, which are practical for this recipe, but this is not essential.
- 3 min.Lightly toast the slices of bread.
- 1 min.Rub them with the cut tomato so that the pulp soaks into the bread.
- 1 min.Pour a trickle of olive oil over.
- Salt and pepper - that's all there is to it!
Remarks:Before rubbing the bread with the tomato, you can vary the flavour by rubbing it with onion or garlic.
Use a distinctivly flavoured olive oil with plenty of character, if you can, for this recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Melting Epoisses on toast , Tartine du pêcheur , Baked leek and Camembert slices, Croque-monsieur gourmand, Croque-monsieur complet, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed green vegetables, Broad bean salad with Parmesan, Mushroom and artichoke omelette, Lille style chicken, Cheese tart, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lebanese Tabbouleh, Spaghetti Bolognese, Multicoloured cucumber-tomato salad, Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, Ratatouille, ... [All]