Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Peel 1 celeriac and cut into small pieces.
- 10 min.Wash 1 potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin), but there is no need to peel it. Cut into small pieces.
You need to end up with about the same weight of celeriac and potimarron.
- 4 min.
- 1 min.
- 2 min.Add the pieces of celeriac and potimarron and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 20 min.Add 1 litre whole milk to completely cover the vegetables (adjust the quantity as necessary).
Salt and pepper, then leave on low heat to simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- 4 min.When the vegetables are cooked, add 1 tablespoon French mustard and blend until the soup is smooth.
- Check the seasoning before serving.
Remarks:You will see in the photo for Step 2 that I have used a green variety of potimarron, but the more usual orange sort will work just as well. You can also use ordinary pumpkin, though this needs to be peeled.
The proportions stated here (1 potimarron, 1 celeriac, 1 onion) are only for guidance, so do feel free to adapt them.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Real custard sauce (crème anglaise), Cheese Soufflé, Pistachio custard tart, Naan, Sandwich bread, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomatoes Provençal, Tomato sauce for pizzas, Courgettes (zuchinis) , Vegetable clafoutis, Sautéd mushrooms with spring onions and cured ham, ... [All]
- French mustard: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French dressing (vinaigrette), Mayonnaise, Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, Tapenade, Vegetable pie, ... [All]