Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Take raw scampi, cut off the heads, and extract from the base of the tail the gut of the animal (otherwise this can give a bitter taste to your scampi).
It's a delicate operation, but the small video on right will show you the details.
- 10 min.Then extract all the flesh from the scampi tails.
- 10 min.Prepare Herb salad.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.In a bowl mix 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, 3 tablespoons sesame seeds and Herb salad with salt and pepper.
- 1 min.Put about half an inch depth of oil (max.) in a frying pan on medium heat.
- 1 min.With a fork, dip scampi in beaten egg.
- 1 min.With another fork, dip wet scampi in sesame mix to completely coat them.
Note: if you use the same fork to dip in beaten egg and then in the coating, after a short time your fork will be completely stuck with egg and sesame.
- Put coated scampi on a plate until they are all dipped.
- 1 min.Then fry 30 seconds on each side.
- Leave to drain for a few seconds on absorbant paper to remove excess oil.
- Then serve stright away, possibly with herb salad which will add a little delicious acidity.
Remarks:Herb salad could be replaced by other sorts, but to keep to the spirit of the recipe, please use something fresh and slightly acid. A small simple salad with a lemon French dressing, or a salad of tomatoes and avocados diced small.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Langoustines (scampi): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Turban of sole with langoustines, Langoustine and leek tarts, Langoustine gratin, Langoustine sabayon tart, Chilli langoustines, ... [All]
- Sesame seeds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Feta and spinach brik pie, Ali Baba bread, Burger buns, Fish in a seed crust, Fish in a sesame crust, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ali Baba bread, Paella, Blackcurrant liqueur, Papadums, Aperitif rolls, ... [All]