Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.
- 5 min.
- 1 hourTip the tomato sticks into the marinade, cover with stretch film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Next prepare the cream cheese with walnuts: mix what is left of the 300 g cream cheese with 50 g walnut kernels roughly chopped, a little salt and plenty of pepper. Check seasoning and set aside.
- 2 min.After marinating for an hour, tip the tomatoes into a sieve and drain thoroughly.
- 3 min.Line the bottom of a small terrine dish with stretch film to make turning out easier.
- 3 min.Arrange a first layer of tomatoes in the bottom of the dish.
- 3 min.Cover with a layer of cheese with herbs.
- 3 min.Add a second layer of tomatoes.
- 3 min.Finish with a layer of cheese with walnuts.
Cover with stretch film and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- 4 hoursTurn out onto a serving plate and slice to serve to your guests.
You can serve it as it is or with mayonnaise.
Remarks:Suitable cheeses include St-Moret and Gervais ("petit suisse" kind), or fresh goat's cheese. Whichever you choose, go easy on the salt, as these chesses are already salted.
To bring out the flavour of the nuts, you can dry roast them. Do this by putting them in the oven at 150°C (300°F) for 5 minutes. Leave them to cool completely before adding to the cheese.