Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 2 hoursCut 800 g beef into small, fairly thin (about ½ cm or ¼ inch slices).
Put the sliced meat in the marinade, stir to mix well, cover with plastic film and leave in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- 5 min.After this, skewer the meat onto the rotisserie skewer from your oven, laying the slices flat against each other.
- 1 min.Fit the rotisserie back in the oven and cook under the grill on medium heat.
- 5 min.
- 15 min.Check that the meat is well cooked on the outside.
- 1 min.Take the skewer out of the oven and slice the meat off downwards, turning the skewer as you cut. The meat will fall onto the worktop.
If you have used large pieces of meat, you will find the meat is not cooked well enough as you cut towards the middle: coat what is left on the skewer with marinade using a brush and put it back in the oven until the outside is well done again, and so on in stages. This is the principle of the doner kebab.
Remarks:Use whatever meat you prefer. Traditionally, lamb is the most usual (I used beef in the photos), and you can even mix different kinds of meat.
If you can't find a ready-made mix of couscous spices, you can make your own from: cumin, coriander (ground), cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom and turmeric. Paprika, cloves and caraway are also sometimes used.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Beef : You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Taos hotpot, Carbonnade, Tournedos Rossini, Beef braised in reduced red wine, How to slow cook meat, ... [All]
- Plain yoghurt: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cretan-style salmon , Tzatziki, Light herb sauce, Spinach fritters, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Cubed salad, Tahitian style fish, Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, Salt cod brandade, ... [All]