Step by step recipe:
- Shell 400 g prawns (for this recipe it doesn't much matter whether they're cooked or raw).
Remove the dark "thread" (the gut) from each prawn as this can give a bitter taste. To do this, split the prawn along its back...
- ...then gently pull out the gut and discard it.
- 20 min.Prepare all the prawns like this.
- 10 min.
- 8 min.
- 3 min.
- 4 min.Heat 3 tablespoons sesame oil in a frying pan (or, ideally, a wok) on high heat. When good and hot, tip in the shallots, then the prawns and sauter (fry while tossing gently) until lightly caramelized (3 or 4 minutes).
- 1 min.Add the thyme, ginger and coriander. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- 5 min.Pour in the sauce and leave the liquid to reduce by about half.
- 3 min.Discard the sprig of thyme and serve without delay on a bed of white rice, for example. This dish looks attractive served in small individual bowls.