Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
- 8 min.Meanwhile fry 150 g small pieces of bacon in a pan over high heat until lightly browned. Turn off the heat as soon as they begin to colour.
- 2 min.Mix the cooked onions and bacon.
- 1 min.Bring a pan of salted water to the boil then add 100 g peas and cook for 30 seconds.
Remove the peas from the water and plunge into ice-cold water. Drain and set aside.
- 20 min.Peel and wash 2 carrots then cut into small sticks.
Tip them into the same pan of boiling water and wait until it comes back to the boil. At this point, remove the carrots and plunge into ice-cold water. Drain and set aside.
- 7 min.Prepare the fillet of pollack: take off any remaining skin and check carefully that there are no bones left.
Spread a little olive oil on both sides with a brush, then salt and pepper.
- 1 min.Heat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Put a large non-stick frying pan on high heat. When nice and hot, fry the fish for 30 seconds on each side.
- 7 min.Spread out a large sheet of cooking parchment, about 3 times the size of the fish fillet, on a baking tray.
Spread a layer of onions followed by carrots and peas.
Place the fish on top...
- 2 min....and fold up the paper into a parcel.
Tip: use a stapler if you can to fasten the parcel, it's much easier.
- 20 min.Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- 2 min.Open the parcel, cut into portions and serve immediately.
Remarks:If you don't have pollack (which resembles cod), of course you can use another white fish of your choosing.
For perfect cooking, if you have an electronic thermometer, push it into the centre of the fillet through the wrapper and bake until the temperature rises to exactly 70°C (158°F).
And to drink?A white wine, preferably dry, like a Coteaux d'Hugier white, made with Auxerrois grapes. This name is misleading as this lovely organic wine comes from the Haute-Saône area of Franche-Comté.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Small cheese and bacon rolls , Rabbit with mustard, Lumberjack turnovers, Oven omelette, Maroilles cheese quiche, ... [All]
- Peas: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Rice and peas, Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, Paella, Tomato ladybirds, ... [All]
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: African style chicken, Quick chicken curry, Taos hotpot, Cretan Bread, Eggs meurette, ... [All]
- Carrot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chinese Soup, Vegetable rosette tart, Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, Fisherman's Ragout, Cured Pork Belly With Lentils, ... [All]