Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Trim the 8 leaves Swiss chard and put into warm water to wash them thoroughly.
Bring a large pan of slated water to the boil.
- 3 min.As soon as the water boils, add the cleaned chard leaves and leave to cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 1 min.Remove the leaves with a a href="/materiel.php?id=25">araignée (spider) or skimmer, then plunge into cold water.
- 3 min.After they have cooled for a few minutes, remove the leaves and drain them.
- 8 min.
- 30 min.Grill the salmon portions.
Lay out 2 chard leaves on the worktop, quite flat and overlapping a little. Place a piece of salmon on top, straight from the pan (be careful, it's hot).
- Then roll up the salmon in the leaves.
- Trim off the ends of the roll neatly to show the lovely contrast between the pink of the salmon and the green of the chard.
- 3 min.Put 1 tablespoon butter in a pan over medium heat, salt and pepper, then arrange the salmon rolls in the bottom together with any offcuts.
Leave on low heat just long enough to warm the leaves through for a couple of minutes on each side, as the salmon is already cooked.
- 18 min.
- 5 min.Heat the plates. Place a salmon roll in the centre with the trimmings on the side, and pour a ribbon of sabayon over.
Remarks:You can try using spinach instead of chard, which tastes just as good, but the rolls are trickier to make as the spinach leaves are very fragile and much smaller.
And to drink?A fruity white wine, such as a Sauvignon from the Loire. Allow yourself to be tempted by a Pouilly-fumé...
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tapenade, Lebanese Tabbouleh, Hollandaise sauce, Fillets of sole meunière, Avocado with gravlax, ... [All]
- Fresh salmon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Salmon with sorrel, Salmon and Spinach Gratin, Salmon marinated like herring, Salmon rillettes, Koulibiak in pie dish, ... [All]