Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Strain the resulting liquid through a sieve. Clean the pan and pour the liquid back into it.
- 5 min.Add 6 egg yolks and beat thoroughly to mix well.
- 3 min.Blend again briefly if necessary.
Preheat the oven to 110°C (240°F).
- 30 min.
- 2 hoursAs soon as the creams are cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
The preparation and cooking to this stage can be done in advance, even 1 or 2 days beforehand.
- 15 min.Peel and rinse the potatoes, then cut into thick slices.
Boil in salted water until soft.
You will need 390 g potatoes after cooking.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Pass the potato cream mixture through a sieve or fine strainer, then pour into a cream whipper.
Pierce 2 gas cartridges and shake well.
Note: if you have a basic cream whipper (i.e. not insulated), wrap it in a tea towel, or you risk burning yourself as the contents will be very hot.
- 5 min.Make the crispy ham by frying morsels of serrano in a very hot frying pan without any added fat. fry on both sides until crisp.
- 5 min.Assemble the creams: to each ramekin (they should be really cold), add a layer of hot espuma of potato and stick 2 pieces of ham into the top.
Remarks:You can use either cooked or raw foie gras: if you use raw, it is even better if you can season it the day before, as for the terrine of foie gras .
If you do not have a cream whipper, you can replace the espuma with a little creamy potato purée.
The creams can be served in verrines rather than ramekins for a "posh restaurant" touch.
Source:After Jean-Chrisophe Despinasse.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Involtinis, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable pie, Melting Epoisses on toast , Leek and potato soup, Pan-fried potatoes, Express sauerkraut, ... [All]
- Raw foie gras: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Small foie gras pasties, Home-made terrine of foie gras, Foie gras cured in salt, Terrine of foie gras, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apricot blancmange, Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Jam doughnuts, Choux pastry (pâte à choux), Burger buns, ... [All]