Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Cream together.
- 7 min.
- 5 min.Mix until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
Preheat oven to 392°F (200°C).
- 5 min.Pour the mixture into a cake mould, and put in the oven for about 30/40 minutes.
- 30 min.Check cooking after 30 minutes.
Remarks:You can find chestnut flour in organic stores, it is very necessary to sieve it before using, because it has an unfortunate tendency to become lumpy.
If you are making a cake for adults (I just mean "that will not be eaten by children"), I recommend you soak the glacé chestnuts for an hour or two in a little whisky, and then incorporate a tablespoonful of this soaking whisky into the mixture. Use any whisky left over to make Irish coffee.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Chestnut flour: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Corsican tarts, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Dipping bread with cheese, The total turnip, Little lemon biscuits, Chocolate sauce, Clarified butter, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stewed apricots, Almond macaroon cake, Chocolate mug cake, Finger biscuits, Minted Melon, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pitta bread, Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), Dipping bread with cheese, Biscuit de Savoie sponge cake, Linzer torte, ... [All]