Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Cream together.
- 7 min.
- 5 min.Mix until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
Preheat oven to 392°F (200°C).
- 5 min.Pour the mixture into a cake mould, and put in the oven for about 30/40 minutes.
- 30 min.Check cooking after 30 minutes.
Remarks:You can find chestnut flour in organic stores, it is very necessary to sieve it before using, because it has an unfortunate tendency to become lumpy.
If you are making a cake for adults (I just mean "that will not be eaten by children"), I recommend you soak the glacé chestnuts for an hour or two in a little whisky, and then incorporate a tablespoonful of this soaking whisky into the mixture. Use any whisky left over to make Irish coffee.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate eclairs, Pizza dough, Cookies, Special small breads, Cod loin with saffron, ... [All]
- Chestnut flour: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Corsican tarts, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio madeleines, Winemaker's toast, Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, Nicholas's fish, Prune Far, ... [All]