Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Cut 6 slices Sandwich bread and trim off the crust.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Pour the mixture into a dish and leave the slices of bread to soak for 10 mintues on one side...
- 10 min.... then 10 minutes on the other side.
- 3 min.Melt 3 tablespoons Clarified butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Sprinkle the slices with sugar and place in the pan sugar side downwards.
- 6 min.Fry until golden on the first side, then turn over and fry the other side.
- It's ready. Serve hot or warm. You can drizzle maple syrup over the top if you wish.
Remarks:This is a good way of using up bread that is going a bit dry, as this works even better than fresh bread.
You can make it with brioche too, and serve it simply with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, for example, or a little really cold whipped cream (chantilly).
Source:Home made, but based on how my mother used to make it when I was little.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio custard tart, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Vanilla ice cream, Naan, Milk rolls, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Breton leek and mushroom tart, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Maroilles cheese quiche, Roquefort sauce, Cod loin with saffron, ... [All]
- Vanilla sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caramelized brioche with pear and kiwi, Frozen Nougat, Chantilly cream, Old style brioche, Pear compote , ... [All]