Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Butter the 8 slices Sandwich bread on one side.
- 4 min.Spread bechamel sauce on the other side of each slice.
- 4 min.Put the cooked spinach on top...
- 5 min....then slices of hard-boiled egg.
- 4 min.Finish with the cheese: grated, sliced very thinly (if using a soft-paste cheese that melts easily, like Saint-Nectaire) or runny "hamburger" cheese.
- 4 min.Cover with a second slice of bread, butter side outwards.
Prepare all the sandwiches like this and arrange on a baking sheet.
- 20 min.Toast in the oven for about 20 minutes until browned and the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot with a little salad on the side.
Remarks:You can use different breads, such as seeded or wholemeal, rather than ordinary white sliced bread, which is often rather tasteless. If the bread you are using has crusts, trim these off with a serrated knife.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked spinach: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Feta and spinach brik pie, Spinach fritters, Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Scrambled eggs with butter-fried bread and fresh spinach, ... [All]
- Grated cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, Soufflée omelette with cheese, French onion soup, Croque-monsieur, Stuffed tomatoes and courgettes, ... [All]
- Bechamel sauce: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stuffed artichokes au gratin, Endives , Potato and broccoli gratin, Harvest Gratin, Bolognaise lasagne, ... [All]