Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Butter the 8 slices Sandwich bread on one side.
- 4 min.Spread bechamel sauce on the other side of each slice.
- 4 min.Put the cooked spinach on top...
- 5 min....then slices of hard-boiled egg.
- 4 min.Finish with the cheese: grated, sliced very thinly (if using a soft-paste cheese that melts easily, like Saint-Nectaire) or runny "hamburger" cheese.
- 4 min.Cover with a second slice of bread, butter side outwards.
Prepare all the sandwiches like this and arrange on a baking sheet.
- 20 min.Toast in the oven for about 20 minutes until browned and the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot with a little salad on the side.