Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 15 min.Peel 4 Pears, cut into four lengthways and discard the core.
Cut each quarter in 2 again, then sprinkle them all with the juice of ½ lemon to prevent browning.
Preheat the oven to 210°C or 410°F.
- 5 min.
- 7 min.Fill the mould with the pears.
You can arrange them in a rosette, like in the photographs, by laying all the pears in the same direction.
Remember to press each piece down gently, to embed them a little in the almond cream.
- 2 min.Finish by filling the centre of the mould with a segment cut into small pieces.
- 30 min.Put in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
Remarks:You can vary this recipe in all sorts of ways: changing fruit (apples, apricots...), changing pastry, and even the cream for stewed apples for an apple tart for example, but almond cream and pears really are a very harmonious mixture.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Simple maple-syrup tart, Pear and lime meringue pie, Strawberry Verveine Tart , Peach and green tea tart, Chocolate tart, ... [All]
- Almond cream or frangipane: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Apricot and almond cream tart, Brioche slices with almond cream, Epiphany galette, Rhubarb tart, ... [All]
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pears in red wine with blackcurrant , Poire Belle Hélène, Belle-helene in a glass, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to prepare purple artichokes, Fish in white wine, Salmon rillettes, Flognarde, Strawberry sorbet, ... [All]