Step by step recipe:
- 1 hourPreheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Wash the potatoes, scrubbing them thoroughly under running water. Use large potatoes if possible, like samba or belles de Fontenay (King Edwards are good in Britain).
Place them on a baking tray without wiping dry and put in the oven.
- 5 min.Meanwhile, finely chop the herbs and put in a bowl with 100 g butter, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix with a fork.
- 5 min.Tip the mixture onto a sheet of plastic film and roll up to produce a cylinder.
- 20 min.Twist the ends of the film firmly, rather like a sweet wrapper, and put to wait in the fridge.
- 3 min.Another possible topping can be made by mixing the chopped herbs, salt and pepper with 150 g cream.
- 1 min.After one hour, check if the potatoes are cooked: a knife blade should pass through them easily. If you feel the least resistance, put them back to cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes, then check again.
- 5 min.Cut the roll of herb butter into thick slices.
- 3 min.Split the hot potatoes on a plate and place a spoonful of the cream with herbs, or a slice of herb butter, in the centre. Leave to melt for a minute before serving.
The potatoes can be served simply like this, or with a little green salad and a good vinaigrette dressing, and why not add some slices of Morteau sausage?
Remarks:For a lighter option, you can replace the cream with yoghurt, fromage frais, or cottage cheese.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Smooth mixed vegetable soup, Tartiflette, Chicken breasts with tarragon, Warm Leek and Potato Salad, How to cook potato grenaille , ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate cream, Pasta with green asparagus, Bounty-style tart for Alison, New tiramisu, Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bounty-style tart for Alison, Marchand de vin sauce, Tomato tatin, Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Potimarron (chestnut pumpkin) "au gratin", ... [All]
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Greek salad, Chocolate mousse, Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Beetroot and cream cheese verrines, Cauliflower tabouleh, ... [All]