Step by step recipe:
- 1 hourPreheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Wash the potatoes, scrubbing them thoroughly under running water. Use large potatoes if possible, like samba or belles de Fontenay (King Edwards are good in Britain).
Place them on a baking tray without wiping dry and put in the oven.
- 5 min.Meanwhile, finely chop the herbs and put in a bowl with 100 g butter, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix with a fork.
- 5 min.Tip the mixture onto a sheet of plastic film and roll up to produce a cylinder.
- 20 min.Twist the ends of the film firmly, rather like a sweet wrapper, and put to wait in the fridge.
- 3 min.Another possible topping can be made by mixing the chopped herbs, salt and pepper with 150 g cream.
- 1 min.After one hour, check if the potatoes are cooked: a knife blade should pass through them easily. If you feel the least resistance, put them back to cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes, then check again.
- 5 min.Cut the roll of herb butter into thick slices.
- 3 min.Split the hot potatoes on a plate and place a spoonful of the cream with herbs, or a slice of herb butter, in the centre. Leave to melt for a minute before serving.
The potatoes can be served simply like this, or with a little green salad and a good vinaigrette dressing, and why not add some slices of Morteau sausage?
Remarks:For a lighter option, you can replace the cream with yoghurt, fromage frais, or cottage cheese.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Morteau sausage, Potato purée , Real home-made chips* , Potato gratin, Big knife-cut chips (French fries) , ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , Chocolate cream, Chocolate tart, Potatoes with prawns, Potato gratin, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Colcannon, Dipping bread with cheese, Roast pork with sage, cooked in a bag., Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), ... [All]