Step by step recipe:
- 2 hoursBegin by soaking the mushrooms: put 100 g dried morels into a bowl and cover with hot water. Cover with a plate and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
After this, remove the mushrooms but keep this first soaking water, which will have absorbed plenty of mushroom flavour.
Put the mushrooms into a second bowlful of warm water, stir round with your hand and leave to soak for a further 30 minutes to remove any remaining earth. Repeat this operation twice more, then drain the mushrooms.
- 1 min.
- 30 min.Add the drained mushrooms, 1 glass dry white wine and 2 or 3 ladles of mushroom water.
Cook the mushrooms in this mixture until all the liquid has evaporated.
- 20 min.Pour 400 ml liquid cream over the mushrooms, salt and pepper once more, then leave uncovered over low heat to thicken.
- 5 min.Cut the bread into thick slices and butter.
- 6 min.Fry the bread until golden over high heat, starting with the buttered side.
Heat the serving plates.
- 3 min.Place a slice of fried bread on each plate. Tip: cut a hole in the middle of each slice with a cutter. You can then fill it with mushrooms more easily.
- Divide the mushrooms in their cream sauce between the plates and serve immediately.