Step by step recipe:
- 1 hourRehydrate 100 g dried morels, and set aside the mushrooms "jus" (juice) you got.
- 1 min.
- 30 min.Add the drained mushrooms, 1 glass dry white wine and 2 or 3 ladles of mushroom water.
Cook the mushrooms in this mixture until all the liquid has evaporated.
- 20 min.Pour 400 ml liquid cream over the mushrooms, salt and pepper once more, then leave uncovered over low heat to thicken.
- 5 min.Cut the bread into thick slices and butter.
- 6 min.Fry the bread until golden over high heat, starting with the buttered side.
Heat the serving plates.
- 3 min.Place a slice of fried bread on each plate. Tip: cut a hole in the middle of each slice with a cutter. You can then fill it with mushrooms more easily.
- Divide the mushrooms in their cream sauce between the plates and serve immediately.
Remarks:As you can see from the photos, I used a mixture of wild mushrooms here, but morels are by far the best for this.
And to drink?A dry white wine, the same as you have used in the recipe. I suggest a wine from the Jura, a Chardonnay or a Chardonnay-Savagnin blend.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine gratin, Like Bounty, Gratin of Endives with Mont d'Or, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, ... [All]
- Bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Canapés of red mullet with poppy seeds, Spinach on toast with bechamel, Bread with Tomato , French toast "cordon bleu", Fried bread with leek and poached egg , ... [All]
- Dried morels: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to rehydrate dried mushrooms, Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach on toast with bechamel, Roasted Cauliflower, Foie gras fingers, Pistachio "Financiers", Filo leeks and cheese tart, ... [All]