Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Dice 300 g cooked meat. Here I am using left-over chicken, which is ideal for this recipe.
- 10 min.Peel 600 g mushrooms and chop into small chunks.
- 5 min.Pour 30 g goose fat into a saucepan on high heat. When really hot, add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
Salt and pepper at the end of cooking, after taking off the heat.
- 10 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Add the chopped leeks, stir, then cover and cook for 4 or 5 minutes until the leeks are quite tender but still nice and green.
Salt and pepper.
- 1 min.Add the mushrooms and chicken. Mix well.
- 10 min.Add 250 ml liquid cream, mix and leave on low heat to reduce.
- 1 min.Stop cooking when the filling has thickened, then check the seasoning.
Leave to cool.
- 2 min.Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
Glaze around the edge of the pastry case with beaten egg.
- 3 min.Fill the pie with the cold filling mixture.
- 2 min.
- 4 min.Lay the pastry circle on top of the pie and press the edge down firmly to seal it.
trim off the overhanging pastry with scissors and glaze top.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes, preferably low in the oven, with the tin directly on the shelf.
Do watch for the pastry browning towards the end of cooking.
Remarks:Everything up to Step 10 can be prepared the day before cooking.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Rillettes stuffed mushrooms, Mushroom and artichoke omelette, Mushroom buckwheat pancakes, Breton leek and mushroom tart, ... [All]
- Cooked meat: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Hachis parmentier : meat with mashed potato and cheese, Lentil and cold-meat salad, Artichokes with beef, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio ice cream, Creamy risotto with vegetables , Summer Salmon Blanquette, Roquefort sauce, Pork medallions with "full" turnips, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Strawberry feuilleté, Tart Tatin, Mini lemon millefeuilles, Vegetable rosette tart, ... [All]