Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Prepare 6 courgettes (use the round sort, as they are easier to stuff): rinse them and slice off the top.
- 10 min.Scoop out the courgette flesh with a teaspoon or, better still, a pommes parisiennes spoon. Sprinkle the inside of each hollowed out courgette lightly with table salt.
- 3 min.Put a little cooked rice in the bottom of each courgette then add a little tomato sauce.
- 4 min.Sit a meatball into each courgette.
- 4 min.Top with a little grated cheese.
- 40 min.Bake for about 40 minutes, preferably low in the oven, keeping an eye on the colour towards the end of cooking.
Remarks:Don't throw out the tops or flesh of the courgettes after scooping them out; you can use them in a quick courgette soup with cheese.
If you'd like a hotter flavour, pep up the tomato sauce with a little Tabasco or chilli.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Grated cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Italian style gratin, Potato and two ham gratin, Cheese tart, Mushroom Pancakes au Gratin, Spinach and hard-boiled egg gratin, ... [All]
- Cooked rice: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice and peas, Tomatoes Provençal, Prawn salad with a crunch, Gratin of chicken with rice and sautéed mushrooms, Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, ... [All]
- Tomato sauce for pizzas: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Salmon and Spinach Gratin, Lumberjack turnovers, ... [All]