Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Broccoli savoury custard, How to prepare broccoli, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gougères, "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Potato tortilla (Spanish omelette), Rolls of fish in smoked ham, Pasta with green asparagus, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Bread with Tomato , Chicken club sandwich, ... [All]