Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Light Broccoli Soup, Sautéed Green Vegetables, Quartet of brassicas with cream , How to prepare broccoli, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Kérinou slices, Melting Epoisses on toast , Gougères, Surprise bread, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Croque-monsieur gourmand, Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, Potato and two ham gratin, Ratatouille, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato and cream cheese terrine, Marchand de vin sauce, Crunchy verrines, Cauliflower curry, Croque-monsieur gourmand, ... [All]