Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed Green Vegetables, How to prepare broccoli, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Broccoli savoury custard, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ham spirals, Crème de foie gras, Croque-monsieur gourmand, Dauphinoise potatoes with Serano ham, Rolls of fish in smoked ham, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushroom Pancakes au Gratin, Leek and tuna loaf, Potato tortilla (Spanish omelette), Summer Salmon Blanquette, Breton Pie, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and Comté Loaf, Koulibiak in pie dish, The total turnip, Lentil and cold-meat salad, Rice and peas, ... [All]