Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 4 min.Melt 2 tablespoons goose fat in a large pan over medium heat. When hot, add the chopped onion, salt and pepper, and cook for 3 or 4 minutes until the onion begins to colour.
- 3 min.Add 1 kg raw sauerkraut and 2 glasses dry white wine and stir well.
- 40 min.Add the potatoes, stir again, cover and leave to simmer on low heat until the potatoes are cooked (when the point of a knife will pass through them easily), about 40 minutes.
- 10 min.Meanwhile, shell 150 g prawns and cut the chosen fish into pieces.
Coat the top with olive oil, using a brush, then salt and pepper. Do the same on the other side.
- 4 min.Put a non-stick pan on high heat. When very hot, add the pieces of fish and cook for 1 or 2 minutes until lightly browned on both sides.
- 3 min.In the same pan, fry the prawns for 2 or 3 minutes until they brown slightly.
- 3 min.
- 10 min.Pour this liquid into the pan of sauerkraut and stir in. Lay the fish and prawns on top.
Cover and leave to cook for a further 10 minutes.
Your seafood sauerkraut is ready.
Remarks:For the photos, I used salmon and pollack, but other fish are just as good, so you can use your imagimation.
Like all slow-cooked dishes, this can be reheated and gets better each time.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Raw sauerkraut: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Express sauerkraut, ... [All]
- Fish: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pollack Parmentier, Fish in a sesame crust, Sushi, Fish in a salt crust, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potato wallets, Home-made potato crisps , Valay salad, Smooth mixed vegetable soup, Morteau sausage, ... [All]
- Prawns: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Vietnamese prawns, Quick prawn curry, Spicy seafood plancha, Prawn salad with a crunch, Crispy prawn rolls, ... [All]