Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Drain the 250 g chickpeas, and put them in the bowl of a mixer or blender.
- 5 min.Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of tahina, garlic clove, salt and pepper.
- 5 min.Switch on the mixer.
- 1 min.During mixing, pour a trickle of cold water...
- ...until you get a smooth and even purée.
- Finaly I recommend you pass the houmous throught a fine strainer to remove all the small chickpea skins, and make a smoother mix.
- 5 min.
Remarks:Quantities of olive oil, tahina (sesame paste) and lemon juice can be altered to taste.
If houmous is not being served immediately, it must be refrigerated with a fine coating of olive oil on top, in a sealed container otherwise it will darken. You can also add a little vitamin C.