Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Switch on the mixer.
- 1 min.During mixing, pour a trickle of cold water...
- ...until you get a smooth and even purée.
- 5 min.
Remarks:Quantities of olive oil, tahina (sesame paste) and lemon juice can be altered to taste.
If houmous is not being served immediately, it must be refrigerated with a fine coating of olive oil on top, in a sealed container otherwise it will darken. You can also add a little vitamin C.
Cooking tip: instead of water in step #3, you can use the water in the can of chickpeas.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tinned (canned) chickpeas: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chorba, Couscous, Chickpea salad, ... [All]
- Tahini (sesame paste): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Turnip and sesame puree (tahina) soup, Ali Baba bread, ... [All]
- Garlic clove: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spaghetti Bolognese, Caesar salad, Home-made doner kebab, Blanquette of veal, Penne with purple artichokes, ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stewed apple (compote), Cucumber and salmon salad, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, Poaching syrup, Strawberry sorbet, ... [All]