Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Drain the 250 g chickpeas, and put them in the bowl of a mixer or blender.
- 5 min.Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of tahina, garlic clove, salt and pepper.
- 5 min.Switch on the mixer.
- 1 min.During mixing, pour a trickle of cold water...
- ...until you get a smooth and even purée.
- Finaly I recommend you pass the houmous throught a fine strainer to remove all the small chickpea skins, and make a smoother mix.
- 5 min.Put in small dishes with a dash of olive oil. Serve it with pitta bread (of course!) or toasted baguette slices.
Quantities of olive oil, tahina (sesame paste) and lemon juice can be altered to taste.
If houmous is not being served immediately, it must be refrigerated with a fine coating of olive oil on top, in a sealed container otherwise it will darken. You can also add a little vitamin C.
Recipes which use it: 1