Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Peel 2 tomatoes and slice.
Peel and chop 2 spring onions (scallions), including part of the green leaves.
Wash 50 radishes and cut into rounds.
Wash 1 bunch basil.
- 3 min.Mix 4 tablespoons olive oil and 3 tablespoons vinegar in a bowl, salt and pepper.
- 5 min.Cut the bread rolls in half horizontally.
- 5 min.Soak the insides of both halves with the vinegar-oil mix.
- 5 min.Pile on the vegetables, herbs and tuna.
- 5 min.Put the pan bagnat together and press down firmly on the top.
Remarks:The ingredients state hamburger-style rolls, but it is even better with a firmer kind of bread, such as special breads or baguettes (like in the photos).
You can replace the oil and vinegar mix with a simple vinaigrette dressing, made in advance.
And to drink?A light rosé, like one from Provence.
Source:Based on what my mother made for picnics for my sisters and I when we were small.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tuna in oil: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Avocado with Tuna, Tomato ladybirds, Salade Niçoise, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Nanou's tuna tart, ... [All]
- Radishes: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Prawn salad with a crunch, Tomato ladybirds, Chicken and Avocado Salad, Crunchy verrines, Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish fillet with preserved lemons, Lumberjack turnovers, Courgettes (zuchinis) , Turban of sole with langoustines, Tomato omelette, ... [All]