Step by step recipe:
- 4 min.
Prepare the foie gras
Cut 80 g Foie gras into small dice, put on a plate and refrigerate.
- 5 min.
Prepare the Jerusalem artichoke purée
Peel and rinse 250 g Jerusalem artichoke and slice into rounds.
- 5 min.Peel, rinse and slice 150 g potatoes.
- 40 min.Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and Jerusalem artichokes.
Cook until tender (about 40 minutes).
- 2 min.When cooked, drain the vegetables and put into a high-sided container.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Salt and pepper, then blend until completely smooth.
Check the seasoning.
- 3 min.
Heat the ramekins you will be using to serve.
Put a layer of hot purée in the bottom of each dish.
- 3 min.Arrange the cold dice of foie gras on the top...
- 3 min.Cover wth a second layer of hot purée.
Remarks:For an even more sophisticated dish, you can sieve the purée.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Jerusalem artichoke: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Country vegetable soup, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "Day After Pork Belly" Soup, Potato purée , Potato and broccoli gratin, Melting Epoisses on toast , Salt cod brandade, ... [All]
- Foie gras: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Tournedos Rossini, Sarladaise potatoes, Duck Parmentier, Foie gras fingers, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mirlitons, Du Barry soup, Breton Pie, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Scallops with fondue of leeks, ... [All]