Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Wash and chop the mushrooms into small pieces (these are shiitake, but you can use others, particularly wild ones: morels, chanterelles, etc.).
- 5 min.Using the same pan on medium heat, pour in 2 tablespoonsful of olive oil. When hot, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook briefly (they should not have time to soften much).
At the last minute, add the juice of half a lemon.
- 8 min.Still using the same pan, fry 150 g small pieces of bacon.
At the last minute, add 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- 10 min.Cut 200 g chicken breast into small pieces.
Pour 2 tablespoonsful of olive oil into the frying pan and fry the chicken pieces after seasoning.
- 2 min.When they are browned, tip the bacon and mushrooms back into the pan on top.
- 15 min.
- 5 min.Leave the sauce to reduce on low heat.
- 8 min.
Remarks:The vol-au-vent was invented by the great chef Antonin Carême in the early 19th century.
I maintain (admittedly with a certain caution) that the French "bouchées à la reine" (literally, the Queen's mouthfuls) are simply small, bite-sized vol-au-vents.
And to drink?A light Beaujolais.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato omelette, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, Pasta with mushrooms, Nanou's tuna tart, Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stock-pot fish , Courgette tart with mint, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, "Day After Pork Belly" Soup, Pan-fried salmon with white cabbage, ... [All]
- Chicken breast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken club sandwich, Paella, Couscous, Chinese Soup, Chicken breasts in a potato crust, ... [All]