Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Wash and chop the mushrooms into small pieces (these are shiitake, but you can use others, particularly wild ones: morels, chanterelles, etc.).
- 5 min.Using the same pan on medium heat, pour in 2 tablespoonsful of olive oil. When hot, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook briefly (they should not have time to soften much).
At the last minute, add the juice of half a lemon.
- 8 min.Still using the same pan, fry 150 g small pieces of bacon.
At the last minute, add 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- 10 min.Cut 200 g chicken breast into small pieces.
Pour 2 tablespoonsful of olive oil into the frying pan and fry the chicken pieces after seasoning.
- 2 min.When they are browned, tip the bacon and mushrooms back into the pan on top.
- 15 min.
- 5 min.Leave the sauce to reduce on low heat.
- 8 min.
Remarks:The vol-au-vent was invented by the great chef Antonin Carême in the early 19th century.
I maintain (admittedly with a certain caution) that the French "bouchées à la reine" (literally, the Queen's mouthfuls) are simply small, bite-sized vol-au-vents.
And to drink?A light Beaujolais.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stuffed Mushrooms, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Bolognaise lasagne, Rillettes stuffed mushrooms, Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Quartet of brassicas with cream , Breton Pie, Chocolate tart, Potato purée , Chocolate rolls (petits pains), ... [All]
- Chicken breast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chicken club sandwich, Thai-style Chicken with Cashew Nuts, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Chicken breasts in a potato crust, Chicken nems, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Truffade, French-style peas, Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Lumberjack turnovers, Small cheese and bacon rolls , ... [All]