Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- In bread-making, the water temperature is always important. It's not a fixed value, but related to 3 other temperatures: 1) the temperature of your flour, 2) the room temperature in your kitchen, and 3) the basic temperature of this recipe, which is 56-60°C.
You can calculate the temperature of the water for this recipe in one click, using this small calculator.
- 15 min.
- 2 min.Add the olive mixture.
- 5 min.Knead on slowest speed for a few more minutes, until the dough is evenly mixed.
- 2 hoursTurn the dough out onto the worktop and gather it into a ball. Put this into a large bowl, cover with a sheet of plastic and leave to rest for 2 hours.
- 5 min.After this time, divide the dough into pieces of around 250 grammes each.
- 5 min.Form these lumps of dough into squares or rectangles.
- 1 hourArrange the loaves on a lightly floured cloth. A traditional French banneton is ideal for this, but not essential.
Cover with a sheet of plastic and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- 30 min.Preheat the oven for 250°C (480°F) and bake for around 30 minutes.
Note: As when baking any bread, you should ensure that the oven is filled with steam for the first 15 minutes of baking. This page shows you how; it really is the secret of golden-brown, crusty loaves..
Remarks:These ciabattas are delicious on their own, simply sliced then cut small as aperifif snacks.
Source:After Thomas Marie (from the French national bakery institute, INBP).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable clafoutis, Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée), Spring veal sauté , Lobster Thermidor, Kouign-amann brioche, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spaghetti Bolognese, How to heat milk without it catching on the bottom of the pan, Special small breads, How to cook pasta properly, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, ... [All]
- Black olives: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Salade Niçoise, Greek salad, Tomato ladybirds, Pissaladière with puff pastry, Tapenade, ... [All]
- Green olives: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Cretan Bread, Olive and pesto bread, Tomato foccacia, Loaf for "les filles'", ... [All]