Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- In bread-making, the water temperature is always important. It's not a fixed value, but related to 3 other temperatures: 1) the temperature of your flour, 2) the room temperature in your kitchen, and 3) the basic temperature of this recipe, which is 56-60°C.
You can calculate the temperature of the water for this recipe in one click, using this small calculator.
- 15 min.
- 2 min.Add the olive mixture.
- 5 min.Knead on slowest speed for a few more minutes, until the dough is evenly mixed.
- 2 hoursTurn the dough out onto the worktop and gather it into a ball. Put this into a large bowl, cover with a sheet of plastic and leave to rest for 2 hours.
- 5 min.After this time, divide the dough into pieces of around 250 grammes each.
- 5 min.Form these lumps of dough into squares or rectangles.
- 1 hourArrange the loaves on a lightly floured cloth. A traditional French banneton is ideal for this, but not essential.
Cover with a sheet of plastic and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- 30 min.Preheat the oven for 250°C (480°F) and bake for around 30 minutes.
Note: As when baking any bread, you should ensure that the oven is filled with steam for the first 15 minutes of baking. This page shows you how; it really is the secret of golden-brown, crusty loaves..
Remarks:These ciabattas are delicious on their own, simply sliced then cut small as aperifif snacks.
Source:After Thomas Marie (from the French national bakery institute, INBP).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate eclairs, Four quarters, Nanou's tuna tart, Special small breads, Cornmeal baps for Anne, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French Family Cake, Sorrel soup, Taos hotpot, Ciabatta, Caramel rice pudding, ... [All]
- Green olives: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Cretan Bread, Olive and pesto bread, Loaf for "les filles'", Tomato foccacia, ... [All]
- Black olives: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pissaladière with puff pastry, Salade Niçoise, Greek salad, Tapenade, Tomato ladybirds, ... [All]