Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Wash 1 kg mussels.
- 8 min.
- 2 min.Melt 50 g butter in a large pan.
When the butter is melted, add the onions and the bunch of parsley, salt a bit (mussels juice is coming) and pepper generously, then leave to cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 5 min.Pour in 500 ml dry white wine and bring to the boil.
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Carry on removing the mussels like this. Any that have not opened after five minutes are no good and should be discarded.
Cover the cooked mussels with a sheet of aluminium foil to keep them hot.
- 10 min.Turn up the heat under the pan and reduce the cooking juices by half.
- 2 min.Pass them through a fine sieve, leaving a little in the bottom of the pan, as this always contains some sand.
- 2 min.Pour the reduced juices boiling hot over the mussels...
- ...and serve immediately.
Remarks:You can vary the flavour of the mussels by adding to the pan at the stage of reducing the cooking juices: cream, cream with a little roquefort, curry powder, etc.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mussels: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Paella, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Quiche Bretonne, ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tartiflette, Filet mignon with mustard and tarragon sauce, Melting Epoisses on toast , Scallops with cabbage julienne, Tomato meat balls, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Nonettes, How to fry eggs well, Marchand de vin sauce, Pretzels, ... [All]
- Onion: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Filet mignon with mustard and tarragon sauce, Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Winemaker's toast, Lumberjack turnovers, Cretan Bread, ... [All]