Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Broccoli savoury custard, Light Broccoli Soup, Potato and broccoli gratin, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Kérinou slices, Croque-monsieur gourmand, Melting Epoisses on toast , "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Rolls of fish in smoked ham, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coq au vin, Feta in olive oil with herbs, Pea risotto "mantecare", Gratin of purple artichokes, Lumberjack turnovers, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Montbenoit's canapés, Mixed tomato salad, Leek and potato soup, Chinese Soup, "Oeufs rabattus" with leeks, ... [All]