Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Potato and broccoli gratin, Sautéed Green Vegetables, Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, Broccoli savoury custard, Light Broccoli Soup, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Melting Epoisses on toast , Crème de foie gras, Surprise bread, Gougères, Croque-monsieur gourmand, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: New York style pasta, Feta and spinach brik pie, Chicken breasts with tarragon, Cheese tart, Salt cod brandade, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Guacamole, Flamiche, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, Artichoke hearts forestier , Fresh spinach with cream, ... [All]