Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Potato and broccoli gratin, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Quartet of brassicas with cream , Warm broccoli and Tuna Salad, How to prepare broccoli, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Rolls of fish in smoked ham, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Red rice pannequets, Melting Epoisses on toast , Little vegetable omelettes, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Savoury mini-madeleines with 2 cheeses, Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Spaghetti Bolognese, Guacamole, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mixed salad with curry mayo, Rosemary steamed fish, Chinese style chicken, Montbenoit's canapés, Quartet of brassicas with cream , ... [All]