Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 5 min.Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 4 min.Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
Remarks:You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broccoli: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Broccoli savoury custard, How to prepare broccoli, Light Broccoli Soup, Quartet of brassicas with cream , ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pasta with green asparagus, Ham spirals, Crème de foie gras, Potato tortilla (Spanish omelette), Crab and smoked salmon club sandwiches , ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scallops with fondue of leeks, Green avocado salad, Cod loin with saffron, Rabbit civet, Fougasse with bacon and Comté, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scallops with fondue of leeks, The total turnip, Pork medallions with "full" turnips, Artichokes with beef, Hotpot my grandmother's way , ... [All]