Step by step recipe:
- Heat the serving plates.
Gently separate the yolks of 2 eggs.
- 10 min.Take care not to break yolks from the whites.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Tip the egg whites all at once into the pan...
- 5 min....and cook until they are just set.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 min.Turn down the heat and very gently place the yolks on top of the cooked whites, spacing them evenly.
Leave like this on low heat for about 3 minutes to heat the yolks through.
- Transfer to a hot plate. Your fried eggs are ready and perfectly cooked: the whites are set, the yolks runny. Serve immediately as they spoil quickly.
- The video on the right will show you the method in more detail.
You will have to excuse the brown edge on my egg white - I didn't clean the pan after the first two...
Remarks:These fried eggs have nothing in common with those served up in a typical "greasy spoon" café. Do not salt the yolk, as this will mark it with unsightly white spots.
You can season eggs many different ways: simple salt and pepper, a pinch of paprika or a few drops of vinegar (which I adore!).
And to drink?Follow my dad's sound advice: "With fried eggs, there's nothing like a drop of white!" And he was right. I would just add that my preference is for a Bourgogne aligoté, or any other fresh dry white wine.
Source:Learned from Bernard Loiseau who showed to Joel Robuchon, explaining that he'd learned it from Pierre Troigros. You decide if it's worth a
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rabbit terrine, Génoise (Genoa sponge), Almond mug cake for Mary, Thin endive tart, Stuffed cabbage leaves, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushroom velouté, Surprise bread, Chocolate mug cake, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, Almond cream or frangipane, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Choux pastry (pâte à choux), Special small breads, Olive and pesto bread, Rabbit civet "à la normande", Sorrel soup, ... [All]