Step by step recipe:
- Heat the serving plates.
Gently separate the yolks of 2 eggs.
- 10 min.Take care not to break yolks from the whites.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Tip the egg whites all at once into the pan...
- 5 min....and cook until they are just set.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 min.Turn down the heat and very gently place the yolks on top of the cooked whites, spacing them evenly.
Leave like this on low heat for about 3 minutes to heat the yolks through.
- Transfer to a hot plate. Your fried eggs are ready and perfectly cooked: the whites are set, the yolks runny. Serve immediately as they spoil quickly.
- The video on the right will show you the method in more detail.
You will have to excuse the brown edge on my egg white - I didn't clean the pan after the first two...
Remarks:These fried eggs have nothing in common with those served up in a typical "greasy spoon" café. Do not salt the yolk, as this will mark it with unsightly white spots.
You can season eggs many different ways: simple salt and pepper, a pinch of paprika or a few drops of vinegar (which I adore!).